After the “disaster ” happen to my site, now I backup my databases daily. But I do it manually. And recently I stumbled to this site on how to automatically backup your wordpress database. The only things that you need are this WP-Cron and WordPress Database Backup. BTW I assumed that you have already install WordPress Database Backup plugin. If not, you need to download the plugin and install it first before you can proceed.
With WP-Cron plugin, you can schedule your wordpress to backup and send the backup file to your email. Here how to do it:
- You need to download this WP-Cron plugin
- Extract the wp-cron.php file into /wp-content/plugins
- Activate the plugin in Plugin panel
- Then go to Manage > Backup
- Make sure Daily in Schedule is checked and type in the email where you want the file will be sent to.
- Tick other tables that you want to include.
- Click Submit.
- Lastly, wait the attached email to your inbox.
Cypher: I must say that this is really great plugin. I really recommend for you all to download and use this plugin. [tags]how to, backup, cron job, plugin[/tags]