A reader asked me on my Facebook fanpage on how to connect iPad to P1 Wimax modem.
Basically it is not that difficult to configure your iPad to connect to P1 Wimax modem. Here’s how…
- Referring to my article, How to secure your P1 Wimax WiFi Modem?, under “Change WiFi WEP key” section, take note of your SSID and WEP key (or WPA key).
- On your iPad, go to Settings > Wi-Fi, and switch ON the wifi module.
- Under Choose a Network…, choose your P1 Wimax SSID (from Step #1).
- Enter the WEP key (or WPA key) in the password field.
- Lastly, tap Join to connect to your P1 Wimax modem.
If you still got problem to get the network, make sure you have allow your iPad MAC address in the Access Control List.
To get the MAC address, on your iPad, go to Settings > General > About. You will find your iPad MAC address under Wi-Fi Address.
Then enter the MAC address in your P1 Wimax modem Access Control List. Just follow the same article here, under “Only allow specific MAC addresses to connect“. Good luck! 😉