If you like to have a simple and quick access to Control Panel tools, you can create them by your own. This trick is only to create a special folder that we cakk “My Control Panel” for the favourite items.
- Right click on Start button and choose Explore.
- Then, create a new folder and named it as “My Control Panel” without the quotes.
- Open the original Control Panel and switch to Classic View.
- Drag and drop your mostly used tools into My Control Panel folder.
- Close both folders after you have finished drag your favourite tools.
Now when you want to use the favourite tools, you just go to Start > All Programs > My Control Panel. There will be a pop-up beside the My Control Panel folder name. Try it.
Create a custom Control Panel in Windows XP [via Tech Republic]