BlogDesk (read my review) is my primary desktop blogging client that I use to write articles for my websites. Besides it has simple interface, has many features, it is also free. But there is another desktop blogging client which is free and I think I must try it out.
Post2Blog is previously a shareware (that is why not many people use it 😀 ) but for the latest version — Post2Blog 3, the developer has make it as a freeware. There are 12 reasons as stated on the website why you should use Post2Blog.
- Freeware WYSIWYG (what-you-see-is-what-you-get) editor with complete hot-keys support
- Built-in “Live” spellchecking
- “Portable Mode” support
- Images are uploaded automatically (supported uploading types: Flickr, file area of your blog, imageshack.us, picturelli.com, custom FTP server)
- Post text and/or images from Firefox or Internet Explorer to your blog with 2 clicks only using plugins for Firefox and Internet Explorer
- Compose new posts in MS Word and post them to your blog using Post2Blog toolbar for MS Word
- Integration with RSS Bandit and Sharp Reader – you can post selected items from these RSS readers using Post2Blog plugin
- Post files, images, documents from Explorer or any other program using “Send To -> Post2Blog” command
- Add Technorati, Del.icio.us, Buzzwords, 43 Things tags to your posts
- Automatically send trackbacks, ping web-services to notify about updates in your blogs
- Earn money using “Insert Amazon Link” feature
- Use built-in smiles for use in your blog
Interested? Get the software now. 🙂