I’m using Internet Download Manager (IDM) to take care all my downloads. Once it finished downloading a file, IDM will automatically call Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS) to start scanning the downloaded file for any viruses or malwares that can harm my computer system.
By default, IDM will not pass the downloaded file to KIS. If you want to do so, you need to configure it from the IDM options menu. Here I’ll show you how:
- Open up the Options menu in IDM.
- Click on the Downloads tab.
- Under ‘Virus scanner program’, browse your Kaspersky Internet Security or Kaspersky Anti Virus application and select it. eg: avp.exe
- In the ‘Command line parameters‘ field, type in: scan [File]
- Finally, make sure to click Ok.
Now, whenever IDM finished downloading a file, it will request your Kaspersky scanner to scan the file automatically. So you don’t have to run the antivirus scanner manually. Everything has been taken care by your IDM. Easy isn’t it?