My computer was infected by a virus called, Live Security Platinum. After boot into Windows, suddenly a window that looks like an “antivirus” appeared at the center of the screen.
I’m not sure how and when did this “antivirus” get into my computer, but it is clearly not an antivirus.
Here is the screenshot of the virus window.
It disabled all running applications and blocks you from executing other applications like Mozilla Firefox, MS Paint, etc. You can’t do anything until you register (purchase) the “antivirus”.
Luckily I have my iPad near me, so I Google the solutions.
And here is the easiest solution that I have prepared for you… Just follow these steps to remove it from your computer.
The Easiest Way to Remove Live Security Platinum Virus
- First, what you need to do is to register Live Security Platinum to allow you run other applications like Mozilla Firefox which you will use in the next step. But don’t worry. Here is the registration code that you can use to register the software:
AA39754E-715219CEWarning: Don’t click OK or do anything when the virus prompts you to clean your PC after the registration. Just proceed to Step #2.
- Next, open your favourite Internet browser like Mozilla Firefox, and download free Malwarebytes at http://www.malwarebytes.org/. We will use this awesome malware removal tool to remove the virus.
- Install Malwarebytes and go to the installation folder when finished.
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware
- Open the Chameleon folder, and double click svchost.exe to run it.
- Malwarebytes Chameleon will start update Malwarebytes Anti-Malware database and then it will terminate all malicious processes that are running in the memory. Please be patient because it will take a while to complete. During this process you will see the Live Security Platinum window is now gone from your screen. Happy?! Not yet…
- Upon completion, Malwarebytes will open automatically and it will perform a Quick Scan.
- When the scan is complete, click on Show Results and remove all the threats found in your computer.
- Restart your computer when it asks you to restart.
- (Recommended) Perform another Quick Scan using Malwarebytes to ensure Live Security Platinum has been completely removed from your computer.
That’s all. Nine steps that you need to do in order to remove Live Security Platinum virus. Good luck! 😉