Echofon (formerly known as Twitterfox) is a great Mozilla Firefox add-on that I think it is a must-have add-on for those who tweets a lot. Echofon can helps you to get your friends updates, post new tweets and get messages directly from your Mozilla Firefox browser.
The interface of the add-on is clean and it sits down at the Firefox status bar quietly when there is no incoming tweets received. However, when there is a new tweet arrived, Echofon will display a notification for 3 seconds (can be customized) at the lower right conner of Firefox and display the counter of unread tweets near the icon.
Here are the notable features found in Echofon:
- Unread count in Firefox status bar
- One-click access to Twitter popup window
- Easily post links to current page in Firefox
- Instant notification of new Tweets within Firefox
- Support for multiple Twitter accounts
- Handles all standard Twitter tasks such as direct messages and mentions
- Syncs unread tweets with your iPhone when you use Echofon Pro for iPhone
- Supports custom sound effects for notification
- Multiple color themes available
- Easily post links to the current page in Firefox
I have tweeted a lot recently and Echofon is really useful to me. With Echofon, I can easily get the tweets from my friends and post new tweets while I browsing the web.
Another great feature that I like the most is, it supports multiple Twitter accounts. This feature has saved me a lot of time to change between an account to another.