I am sure everyone of you have their secrets stored safely in the PC, especially for the guys. Hahaha… And it is depend on how or what you want to use to protect your secret data.
For me, just enough to hide the folder containing my monthly bills payment receipts by using Lock Folder XP.
Although Lock Folder XP can do these,
- Ability to hide files, folders, or drives from all other users (including the administrator).
- Password protection for files, folders, and drives.
- Unlimited number of objects to protect.
- Access restrictions on your data against local network users as well as Internet users.
- Ability to lock your Windows desktop so that users cannot delete, add, or modify the shortcuts and icons on your desktop.
- Password-protected start of Lock Folder XP.
- Ability to managing program from tray.
- Windows Explorer commands for instant folder hiding.
- Automatic protection activation after a set idle time.
- High-level protection.
- High performance rates.
- Multilingual interface.
- Support of FAT, FAT32, and NTFS systems.
But the main reason that I like using Lock Folder XP because of the easiness for you to un/lock the folder that you want to protect.
For an example, to protect a folder, just run the software, enter the password, and drag the folder into the software. To unlock, just simply click on the button Unlock and everything inside the program will be unlocked. You also can unlock selected folder if you want though.
Lock Folder XP is free to try for 15 days. If you think that this software is great and want to continue using it, you have to pay for $24.95USD per copy.