Every computer needs an antivirus. Antivirus will protect your PC from viruses, trojans, worms and any harmful scripts that can destroy your computer. To protect my computer from this disaster, I’m using Kaspersky Internet Security.
So far, my Kaspersky doing its jobs very well. It protects my PC since the computer boots up until I shut it down. I am very happy with Kaspersky performance. When a virus is found, my Kaspersky will do its job without I need to choose which action to take. Here, I will share with you what settings that I use for my Kaspersky.
Note: Although this guide using Kaspersky Internet Security but it is also can be use for Kaspersky Antivirus.
To start with, click Settings and you will be prompt with this interface.
There is nothing to change here. I just using the default settings for this one. Now, click on File Anti-Virus.
1. Make sure File Anti-Virus is enable.
2. Click on Customize, go to Heuristic analyzer tab. Check Use heuristic analyzer and move the slider to Detail. Click Ok.
3. Under Action, choose Block access and check Disinfect and Delete if disinfection fails.
1. Make sure Mail Anti-Virus is enable.
2. Under Action, choose Block access and check Disinfect and Delete if disinfection fails.
1. Make sure Web Anti-Virus is enable.
2. Under Action, choose Block.
3. Under Connectivity, check all the options.
1. Make sure Enable Proactive Defense is enable.
2. Check Application Activity Analyzer and Registry Guard. Leave Apllication Integrity Control uncheck.
1. Click on Customize, go to Heuristic analyzer tab. Check Use heuristic analyzer and move the slider to Detail. Click Ok.
2. Under Action, choose Do not prompt for action and check Disinfect and Delete if disinfection fails.
3. Click the Apply button to apply the settings to all virus scan tasks.
Do not run the Startup objects scan on Windows startup. You can disable it by unchecking At application startup under Run Mode.
After you have done all the above steps, click Ok to accept all the changes. Now, just sit back, relax and do your daily jobs as usual.
When Kaspersky caught a virus, it will automatically block it, try to clean it and will delete it if the disinfection fails. So you will no need to choose any action anymore. All will be done by Kaspersky itself.