To setup the Huawei device (USB modem/datacard) for broadband connetion is not that hard. Here are the steps to set your Huawei device configuration for Celcom 3G broadband.
- Refer to the manual on how to install the software and the driver.
- On your desktop, there will be a Mobile Connect icon. Double click it to open Mobile Connect application.
- If it requires PIN, enter 1234 (this is the default PIN unless you have changed the PIN). If not, just go to step no 4.
- Go to Settings, and select Manual and select Celcom.
- Then go to Settings again, select Choose Connection Type and choose 3G only. This is to ensure that the device will only connect to 3G network.
- Go to Settings one more time and choose Network Connection Settings.
i. Click New and enter the profile name. Eg: Celcom 3G.
ii. Authetication – number: *99#; Username: <leave blank>; Password: <leave blank>
iii. DNS Settings choose Dynamic.
iv. APN and Additional Settings: Static; APN: celcom3g
v. IP Settings: Dynamic
vi. Authetication Protocol: CHAP
vii. WINS Settings: Dynamic
- Click on Save button and Ok to accept the configuration.
- Finally, click Connect and start surfing with your Celcom 3G broadband.
If you don’t mind, can you do speed test and give me your highest connection speed? I just want to know how fast this Celcom broadband can go. But make sure to include in your comment whether you are using 384kbps or 3.6Mbps. Thanks.